Monday, March 11, 2013

Celtic-inspired Jewelry and Wearing' of the Green!

       <Looking for "Sea and Sand Bog Hop?" Click here!>
****************************************************
It's that time again,... one of my favorite of the year.   Time for all things Celtic and green!   I admit, I'm into more pre-St. Patrick images such as ancient Celtic symbols,   but with a last name like "McMillian" all-things Irish have always held a fascination for me!   So it's time to roll out the green carpet and show you a few of my latest designs!

Green Pottery Sprig Bead Earrings with Dangles

Handmade pottery "Sprig" beads by Natalie Pappas of NKP Designs
$20 USD



Moss Green Artisan-made Stained Glass Pattern 

Ceramic Necklace

The lovely, intricate handmade moss green and cream embossed pottery pendant
 from
Chinook Jewelry is the focal point of this necklace. The pendant is 1 1/4 inch round and glazed on both sides. It hangs from a section containing a pottery bead by
Marti Conrad of Marti's Buttons-n-Beads.
Handmade copper clasp by Sharyl.
$30 USD



Green Life in Glass Earrings

The bead artist, Paul Spencer, from Paul Bead describes the bead color as
 "Aqua Mist," ... "the cool blue/green of desert aloe and the sea green of tropical water." These handmade glass boro beads remind me of green plants growing up through water. They are 16mm x 10mm each.
Green enamel headpins by Susan Kennedy of SueBeads.
$24 USD
 


Green apple Czech glass earrings

$17 USD


Two-sided Celtic Green Earrings

Handmade ceramic beads by Sharleen Newland of Shaterra
 have Celtic impression on one side and raised dots on the other.
 Wear them either way, or one of each! 
Handmade earwires by Sharyl.
$20 USD


I've got more green in the store, 
and more Celtic on the way, 
so please stop by and pay me a visit at 


P.S.  I've dreamed my whole life of going to Ireland.   Anyone in this group live there?   Anyone been there?   Where did you visit?   Any one else "itching" to go?  

* * * * * * * * 

7 comments:

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

All the designs are gorgeous and beautiful, as usual! :)

baymoondesign said...

I spent a few days in Dublin and got to visit a castle and sea coast town where Bono lives. I would love to go back.

Unknown said...

I'm with you, I'd love to visit Ireland, as well as Scotland, and England.
All beautiful pieces, and I'm especially drawn to the Paul Beads earrings. Great job girl!

Mellisa said...

Lovely Sharyl! Thanks for showing me your gorgeous work with the pendant!

Anonymous said...

All of your pieces are lovely! You probably don't need to try too hard to guess my favorite - the aqua mist beads, of course!

Sharyl said...

Thanks for your feedback! It's always fun and helpful to hear which are your personal favorites!

Are others of you making special jewelry this season? Maybe you've skipped over St. Pats and moved on to Spring? Either way, feel free to drop a note and a link to your stores if you are! We can all take a look!

For those of us hoping to Ireland and the Celtic Isles, hope we all make it there eventually!

Laren at Laren Dee Designs said...

Perhaps it is the Irish in us, Sharyl, that turns us both towards story-telling. I always enjoy reading and learning more about you. This blog added another level to who you are and I enjoyed reading it so much. I enjoyed the gentleness of the story, too, your observations of family and home with photos - lovely, as ever! The jewelry pieces are beautiful! Well done!! :)