Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekend Shopping!

My friend Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp has just loaded many new items into her stores "Skye Jewels" and "More Skye Jewels!"    If you haven't been by her shops lately, you might want to pay her a visit.  There is one set of art tiles ...

Nautical Charms Ephemera Tile THREE PACK


that would be perfect for the August Art Bead Scene challenge

Fishing Boats, Key West, 1903 by Winslow Homer 

  
As you may recall, some time ago, I won the drawing that comes at the end of the month from ABS.   My prize?   A whole bunch of goodies I got to select from "More Skye Jewels!"  (Marie also put in an extra and we had a drawing on the blog!   Mary Day was the winner of the much coveted poppy flower tile!)  

Well, I made those up and custom-ordered 2 more batches.   Then last month, ordered a few more.

I'll have to show you some I've purchased and what I've made from them.  Anyway, trust me, the art tiles are lovely and a lot of fun to work with!    In addition, Marie makes her own jewelry and she's constantly coming up with new designs and styles, always with the best quality of materials and excellent technique.  

Earrings Copper and glass dangles in Red


So please, stop by there too!  I know Marie would love to have you visit!

Next, on your shopping tour....

we'll take a turn down another street!

There are a bunch of jewelry folks having sales Fri-Sun to help fund their travels to "Bead Fest" in search of more things beady!    Here is the link to the list of shop owners, the percentage off they are each offering, links to their shops, info on a give-away, and more!   There are 9 shops, but some people have more than one shop.  


Melinda Orr ~ Melinda Orr Designs 

Lorelei Eurto~ Lorelei Eurto Jewelry

Karen Totten ~ Starry Road Studio 

Marsha Neal ~ Marsha Neal Studio

Staci Lousie ~ Staci Louise Originals

Sue Kennedy ~ Sue Beads 

Lisa Peters ~ Lisa Peters Art 

Jenny Davies Reazor

Mary Hubbard ~ White Clover Kilns

(These are NOT links, just the list.
To go to the page with links, click HERE!)


Some of the "best of the best" are in this list, so you won't want to miss out on the special deals if you like artisan-made jewelry, art beads, jewelry components, and supplies.   

I've already been through most, if not all of the shops to have a look.   It felt like walking through  one of those quaint towns I love, popping in and out of my favorite stores (no big malls, thanks!), only I didn't have to get out in the heat or get tired feet!  :-)   

Window-shopping is free and always fun!   If you have a little money you are able to spend in any of these shops this weekend, I know for a fact the owners will appreciate it!   

Whatever you do, enjoy the start of your weekend!  

Sharyl  ~  Sharyl's Jewelry

P.S.  I'm going to busy myself with adding more jewelry and components to my studio over the weekend.   I'll have a sale starting at some point next week.  

(But you didn't hear that from me....   shh....)  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Photos are from "Skye Jewels," "More Skye Jewels," and the "Art Bead Scene" blog.

Clip art from http://www.wpclipart.com/buildings/assorted/assorted_5/awning.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

Carole M. said...

just stopping by to say hi Sharyl! Looking forward to seeing what you make with the art tiles ...