Sunday, December 18, 2011

i heart macro: A snowflake wonder!

Happy "i heart macro" Sunday!   


Last week I was photographing  (and rephotographing) a few of my wintery-snowflake jewelry items for my Studio and for a blog entry.  I'll just include a couple of the photos here, but you can go to the blog page or studio if you would like to see more.   

"Green Ornament Earrings with Silver Plated Snowflake Charm"
(Regular $18, Sale price $16.20 USD)

"Snowflake and Cracked Glass Earrings"
(Normally $12-- Now $10.80 USD)


There were several necklaces too, but for those who regularly follow my blog, I don't want to do a complete repeat!   What I really want to show you, is the one that I DIDN'T include in my blog!   

It didn't really end up showing a piece of jewelry very well, even though it certainly IS a piece of jewelry.   It wasn't in the least bit staged.   While I was photographing something else, I caught this out of the corner of my eye and just had to snap a shot!    I call it "A Snowflake Wonder!"




#20: "A Snowflake Wonder"
It looks like the snowflake is standing there all on its own in a drift of snow, but the snow is really a sheer white curtain in my front window I often use in various ways in photographing my jewelry.   I think it was "standing" because it's really attached to a piece of jewelry which was supporting it.   But I prefer not to think about that, and instead like the notion that it just rather "magically" appeared in the "snowscape" of my front window!   What a wonder!   


Happy "i heart macro" Sunday and Have a great Holiday!   
--Sharyl


P.S.  I try not to use this forum as an advertisement, but have shown jewelry from my studio the last 2 weeks.  That's because that's that's all I've had time to photograph!   For putting up with that, I'd like to make you a special offer.  If you are interested in making a purchase, please use the "Contact Seller" link on "Sharyl's Jewelry" studio page, mention code: MACRO11, and let me know which item you want, and in addition to the sale price, I'll give you free shipping.   I know many of you are not from the U.S.  No worries.  I ship to Canada, Australia and the UK too, and just this once, I'll offer free shipping to any of these countries.  Just let me know before you place the order so I can adjust the shipping charges for you.    (Offer good through 12/23/11)


Thanks for visiting!  Please connect back to view all the other participants' photos at "i heart macro!"   The link is below!


"i heart macro" at Studio Waterstone



7 comments:

T... said...

I just love snowflakes and that is indeed one pretty flake...love the earrings...
have a great week....

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The little snowflakes are gorgeous! Love your last photo!

Annette said...

The earrings are just beautiful! And what a perfect shot of the snowflake! It probably wouldn't have turned out if you had tried to stage it!

Tina´s PicStory said...

this snowflakes are so lovely! we have real ones today :)

Czjai said...

Such a pretty little thing! I love how you made it seem like it's lying on a bed of snow. Really magical. :)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Those are gorgeous snowflake earrings!

Kim, USA said...

I love that snowflakes earrings. I will visit your jewelry store online Sharyl, thanks for the visit too.

Macro Red